Sunday, January 1, 2012

January Column - OMG, it's 2012!!!



Like all rising stars, I, Diva Dona, face new challenges at the onset of 2012.
Note to my adoring fans, I absolutely abhor resolutions, so if I'm facetious with the following life lessons put forth by a 90 year-old, find forgiveness for me in your hearts!

  • Life isn't fair, but it's still good. (Who said this, Pollyanna?)
  •  When in doubt, just take the next small step. (I like things big; I can only take giant steps. Does that mean I'm doomed?)
  • Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Change the way you think. (With this I'm in 100% agreement)
  •  Pay off your credit cards every month.. (Quelle bore! Where's all the fun in living on the edge?)
  • Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.  (Who in the hell thinks about retirement when you're 19?)
  • When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. (Another agree. It has prevented me from sticking to any diet so far in my life!)
  • Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. (How can I make peace with ex-husbands who were rotten, thieving bast....?)
  • Take a deep breath It calms the mind. (Sit down and put your head between your legs too. It's a start!)
  • Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. (Man oh man, this broad must have been independently wealthy!)
  • Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple. (Didn't I say this first?)
  • The most important sex organ is the brain. (Even approaching old age, I have a hard time with that one!)
  • When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer. (Right on, all the way!)
  • Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. 
  • Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now. 
  • The best is yet to come...
Those last four belong in the Diva Dona hall of fame. Let's all hope for a happier, glorious 2012!
'Til February - luv month, keep smiling, dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment