Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September column - It's Good to be Home

After  a short but fulfilling summer tour, I'm back home again in LA. Yeah! It's good to be home. "Home" - I feel like Diana Ross and singing a chorus from The Wiz! but...I won't! Let me say, dollcakes, doing a night club act is not as easy as it used to be. These old legs of mine got some working out this summer, let me tell you! Youthful looking, yes! Youthful feeling?...get out of here! But the ride's been fun, thank you one and all for coming out and supporting me, and now it's time to be a gossip diva once more!
This stud (above) - Rod - was one of my dancing boys in the show and he is doing a bus and truck tour this fall of Sound of Music, playing Captain Von Trapp. He'll give the discipline thing a whole new meaning! He'll whip those kids into shape!
Seriously folks, I understand that Patti Lupone will be doing Gypsy in My Soul at Royce Hall, UCLA as a benefit for Reprise Theatre Company on October 4. Bless her! She flies around this country doing concerts with the energy of Wonder Woman. I wish I knew her secret. I'm tired after my spin and want to kick back and write for a few months. Do you believe Barbra has a new album of Bergman songs What Matters Most and still sounds fabulous! Right on, Babs! Her sister Ros Kind will be back at Catalina Jazz Club in October. She sings so well! On the movie scene, I understand The Help will be nominated for a slew of awards this year. Can't wait to see it! Viola Davis sure won my heart for her solid performance in Doubt a few years back, so I'm sure she's just great in The Help. And Cher will be making a rare appearance soon on TCM as Robert Osborne's guest hostess when she picks her favorite movies. Based on a preview I saw, she still looks unbelievable! To be honest, dolls, I'm in the Betty White camp. No plastic surgery pour moi! I'll just keep on my diet - now there's a laugh and a half - well, I'll watch videos of me performing this summer, and if that doesn't work to make me want to stay in Jane Fonda shape, I'll start doing the treadmill and ballet every day!
Lots of goodies to report on in October, so stay tuned!
Hasta!
dona
lol


PS If I look aghast, look what a fan sent me below! He thought I'd look cuter as a man! Eek! How do I take this?
I'll just laugh my fool head off!

No comments:

Post a Comment